Thursday 1 February 2018

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 1

Here we are again: a new year, a new 30/30 challenge. I have done a number of these challenges in the last few years, often using the challenge as an opportunity to try new techniques. This year I am going to focus on abstract acrylic paintings. I hope you will let me know what you think!
#1067 - From the Centre - 8 x 10 acrylic
It is not too late to join the challenge - check Leslie Saeta's Blog  for all the information. This is a great way to stretch your  skills and see what many other artists are doing too.

If you want to see what I have done in the past challenges , click on the right label below.


10 comments:

  1. The energy! And I love the title, Val- awesome start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie - I am pleased with it too and only hope I can keep it up!

      Delete
  2. Great start!!! Are you using a brush for these or a palette knife? I have to get over to Leslie's page and see what other people have posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I am using both; the brush for the background and the knife for the rest. There is some pretty cool stuff on the 30/30 page - well worth looking.

      Delete
  3. I really love this Val ;) There is energy, but it is somehow, calming as well. So glad to see you in the challenge :) Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - glad you like it. And I am enjoying - so far anyway - lol

      Delete
  4. I love your choice of colors bursting from he center! It feels like a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. You will see these colours again over the next few days as I put too much paint on my palette - lol.

      Delete
  5. A lot of energy here, Val - good on you!

    ReplyDelete