Tuesday 20 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 20!

I am calling today's painting a representational abstract! It wasn't supposed to be the way it turned out but I quite like it.

#1085 - Red Sky at Night - 7 x 10 acrylic on watercolour paper

BTW - I have decided that I am too old to become famous as an abstract artist - 4 seems to be the preferred age!

Last night on the news there was a segment about a 4 year old boy from New Brunswick who is currently having his own show in a gallery there and who will also be showing his paintings in a gallery in New York some time this year. The boy's name is Advait Kolarkar and here is one of his paintings.

Apparently his work is selling very well - in the thousands of dollars.  And the world goes round!

Check out Leslie's Blog sometime today to see what other artists are doing.

Thanks for visiting.

10 comments:

  1. WOW, this is awesome for a painting that wasn't supposed to be. LOL. Love the background, so perfect with the trees! 4 huh, well, I missed that by a mile too, LOL. Have fun with tomorrow's Val!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila for the lovely words about this painting. I looked on line and there are actually a bunch of kids that have made the list of sellers and gallery artists. I only check out a couple and I just shake my head. Have a good night.

      Delete
  2. I love Golden Glow! In both that one and this one, I love your sense of movement, Val. The compositions are such that it just naturally moves your eyes right where you want them to go. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I guess the sense of movement comes because I sort of dance the palette knife over the paper. I don't start out with a scene in mind; it just seems to happen - lol.

      Delete
  3. I have so enjoyed your abstract month! This one makes me think of winter with the promise of spring. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy. I am glad you are enjoying my abstracts. The promise of Spring is what we are all living with right now - lol. Thanks for taking time to comment - have a good day.

      Delete
  4. Love the sky and reflections with the tree silhouettes. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely painting, Val, and I much prefer it to the second. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win and thanks for the chuckle too with your comment about the second painting.

      Delete