Saturday 17 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 17

I have another experiment for today's painting! I wanted to see how some of the techniques I have been using would work on a heavily textured canvas. This the experiment was NOT a success. Instead of the look I wanted, I ended up with a mess that I quickly washed off. I played a bit more, adding more paint and even more paint until I was mostly satisfied. Here is the finished product!
#1083 - Pastel Textures - 8 x 10 acrylic on canvas
It reminds me of an aerial view of the mountains that someone accented with purple - h'mm I wonder if this shows the trail where my son went backpacking. I don't know if I like this or not - what do you think?

It looks like I will be shoveling snow this afternoon so I will get this added to Leslie's blog  (I hope you will check it out) and get ready to go outside.

I always enjoy your insights so please leave a comment.



8 comments:

  1. High five Val for experimenting fearlessly :) I can see where you think mountains, but to me it is more like water flowing. A river, and there are pockets where the water is caught between the rocks, and swirling around. :) Nice palette :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - not sure if I experiment fearlessly or just in hope - lol. My first thought for this was water as well but I also saw similarities to the sat maps that my son's gps locater sent us when he was hiking.

      Delete
  2. I agree on an aerial view, but of water flowing, like Sheila. You can feel the movement! And I love the lilacs (my favorite flower)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you following along Laurie. I agree that this piece definitely has movement - maybe too much - lol! Glad you like the lilac painting!

      Delete
  3. You know someone will love this. There are so many stories that you could build around this and the colors are super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelvia.I certainly hope that sometime someone will buy it - that is part of what art is about after all. I like the colours too!

      Delete
  4. I guess I have the Olympics on my mind because it reminds me of colorful ski slopes. I love the interesting patterns and textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan - I never even thought of ski slopes but I guess this could fit those too - Isn't it nice that we all see different things?

      Delete