Tuesday 6 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 6!

I am not sure if today's painting is abstract or impressionist but it was fun to do and I quite like it.
#1071 - Spring Blossoms - 8 x 10 acrylic
I only added some alizarin to my palette but it is amazing how much difference one colour can make. I use a stay-wet palette so my paints stay good for a long time. I have almost finished the colours I started with on Feb 1 and will be introducing more variety as those get used. I am also reusing some old canvases - saving money and clearing out some questionable art.

I have been seeing some really interesting art from the other artists in the challenge and I hope you will check things out on Leslie's Blog

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Definitely impressionistic...and well done! The addition of the alizarin made a big difference. Awesome sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, I find impressionistic much easier than straight abstract but I will persevere with my goal!

      Delete
  2. Love the sky Val! This makes me think of a secret garden like in the old movie. The "new" color definitely does bring on the spring feel. Wonderful work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. In person the sky glows even more than it does in the photo - I really like quinacridone nickel azo gold. I am glad you like this piece.

      Delete
  3. Alizarin is one of my favorites for a hint of dark and/ to mix with greens. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I almost never think of mixing alizarin with green - gonna have to try it!

      Delete
  4. Lovely, Val! That colour combo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete