Thursday 8 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 8!

This painting went through a number of transitions before I was finally happy with it. And, it ended looking nothing like I planned in the start!
#1073 - Forest - 8 x 10 acrylic on canvas
Once again, I am wondering "is this abstract?" It actually seems to depict something instead of leaving any interpretation up to the viewer, although it is a pretty rough depiction. No matter, I like it and my students today liked it too.

I hope you will take time to checkout the work of the other artists doing the challenge - Leslie's Blog


See you again tomorrow!


8 comments:

  1. I like this Val! I think it is abstract ;) Great movement, and depth too! Looks like a summer breeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila -glad you like it. I really like how everyone sees something different in abstracts.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sheila- it does look abstract and you just keep looking deeper and deeper into it! I commented on yesterday's piece of yours but don't know what happened to it! But I really love the dimensions of that piece, and how your painting was made for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie. I am glad to have your comment on this piece and your thoughts on the depth. I have no idea why some of the comments on yesterday's painting didn't show - I was disappointed as I was expecting a few more 'wows'. Oh well, I am glad to know you liked that one too.

      Delete
  3. I too think it is abstract, the viewer has to decide exactly what it is. Think you are really doing great on these abstracts, can't wait to see what is next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. I am having a good time with the abstracts - lots of fun and I am glad you are enjoying them too!

      Delete
  4. This reminds me of a forest...abstracted of course. You do these so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joan. The vote seems to be in - this is an abstract - lol.

      Delete