Thursday 15 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 15!

It is a good thing that I have been painting a few extra pieces because the one I had planned for today just isn't ready yet - it has to sit a few days so I can figure out how to 'fix' it.

#1081 - Scattered Angles - 5 x7 acrylic on 1"canvas board
This is similar to a piece I did a few days ago - Day 9  - although this is not quite as green. I like this colour combination though and may use it again.

Everyday after posting my link on Leslie's Blog, I look through the other posts and always find a few to click on so I can see the art larger. It is a great way to discover new styles and artists so I hope you will give it a try.

I was nice of you to stop by and I hope you will let me know what you think about today's painting.


8 comments:

  1. I'm liking this one, Val - again the blocking in the background just pulls me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win - It is a very effective technique and works well with this piece.

      Delete
  2. Love the mix of hard, sort of architectural edges, and the soft, organic shapes. Makes me think of a victory wreath. High five to making it this far, you are on a roll Val :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila.I have no idea what a victory wreath is but it sounds like a good thing so I am glad this reminds you of one. Everyone is doing such a great job this year - I have really been enjoying all the art.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Val! This reminds me of a welcoming big bouquet/plant on a ledge outside a very exclusive building. Maybe a spa! I agree with the color combo too-cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie - I love the way everyone sees abstract art differently - it is so freeing.

      Delete
  4. The green brings a bit of light to this. I like the geometric background with the organic flowers. Keep these coming. I would like to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bright green is such a fun colour and it makes things pop! Thanks for you support Joan - I am sure there will be more like this in the future- even after the challenge is over.

      Delete