Sunday 25 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 25!

One of the advantages of painting on paper is that you can always cut away the bad part and just end up with a smaller painting. That is what happened with today's piece.
#1090 - Rays - 5 x 7 acrylic on watercolour paper matted to 8 x 10
I used a palette knife to pat on some texture with gesso and let it dry before I started painting. I hoped that the paint would sink into the texture and really make it pop. That didn't happen so I added more gesso - bigger is better, right? Well, not so much! I ended up with a big mess and that is the part I cut off and set aside. A little of touch-up work on the part I kept and I was happy with my work. This piece does have some texture but it is pretty subtle which suits me just fine.

Don't forget to take some time to check out the art on Leslie's Blog

Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. A bit of cropping never hurt a painting. Glad you found an area with such pleasing textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! A bit of cropping is a God send - lol. Thanks a lot Joan.

      Delete
  2. Love it Val, very organic to me. I love the colors, especially where they mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I like the gold and the red together too.

      Delete