Wednesday 21 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 21!

I decided to do more of the paintings for this month on watercolour paper instead of canvases; they are much easier to store. Unfortunately, paper doesn't seem as conducive to the style I am trying to achieve.

#1086 - Fire and Ice - 7 x 10 acrylic on watercolour paper
I really struggled with this piece. It has a number of layers of paint. It actually started out green (lol) but that was washed off; then dark blue which made me cringe so I added a bunch of white and pushed that around until it was blended. The final touches of red and yellow were influenced by the cold weather - I wanted something that looked warm!

It is hard to believe that we have only 9 days left in the challenge so pop over to Leslie's Blog to see what others have been doing. Also, if you like abstract art have a look at these three artists from the challenge - Eric Bagwell, Sue Marrazzo and Peter Crane.

I hope you enjoyed your visit  - please leave a comment!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely Val!! Love the movement, light and warm against cool. One of my all time favorites of yours ;)Thanks for sharing the links, got lost on those blogs for a bit, LOL. Have you tried using gesso over the paper? It gives you a different texture, you can decide if it is good or bad. Just a thought. Happy experimenting Val!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila. I am always surprised by which paintings are deemed successful by others but pleased too, of course. About the gesso , I have tried it on two pieces that I haven't shared yet - you will see - lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Win. It has texture too but that doesn't show well in the photo!

      Delete