Monday 5 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 5!

I am back on track and quite happy with today's painting.
#1070 - Bursting Out! - 12 x 16 acrylic
I spent some time yesterday looking at Youtube videos as I was feeling a bit rudderless after the 'landscape' I did the other day. Youtube is such a boon to artists (and others, of course) as one can find a video on almost anything.

I like this but I think it just might be time to add more colours to my palette; I will see what inspiration tomorrow brings.

Don't forget to check out all the art posted on Leslie's Blog and maybe think about trying the challenge this year. It is a great way to get you creating and it doesn't matter if you don't get 30 paintings done - join for the fun!




10 comments:

  1. Don't know why it makes me think of water drops. As seen under a microscope. Love the energy and the blocked background :)
    https://www.videoblocks.com/video/water-drops-explosion-uhd-3d-animation-with-alpha-mask-4z0e6fhdgijjoypp5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the video - very cool. I guess if the drops had frozen just after the collision and someone had thrown orange and turquoise at it - such an interesting vision. Glad you like it Sheila!

      Delete
  2. I love the feel of movement in this one! Those straight lines in the background add so much to the feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. I like the contrast of the straight with the curved - glad you do too.

      Delete
  3. Perfect title, as it does look like something is emerging in a BIG way! Reminds me of the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I often think that finding a title is harder than the actual painting - glad you think this one works.

      Delete
  4. Lovely sense of movement in this. Glad you found something to inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying the segmented feel to this, Val!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win. I might use that word if I do another piece that is segmented - lol.

      Delete