Wednesday 14 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 14!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I haven't done anything remotely valentine-ish as I was too busy experimenting again. 
#1079 - Night Rain - 9 x 12 acrylic on watercolour paper
After my attempt yesterday Day 13 to do the same technique as the painting from Day 7, I thought I would try the it on paper. It was NOT a success! So, I had to fiddle around trying to 'fix' the mess I had made; a bit more paint, some spritzed water and a bit of palette knife work and I got something I think is very interesting. What do you think?

We are almost to the half way point of the challenge and I am wondering  what I am going to do with all the paintings I finish - I have no more room to hang things!!! One of the downfalls of living in a rural community that has - a large population of seniors (they have everything and don't buy much art), only a small public display space at the library, and is not a great tourist spot - is, that the art takes a long time to sell.

Pop over to Leslie's Blog  to see what everyone else in the challenge is doing.

I enjoy and appreciate your comments so please say something! 


6 comments:

  1. I love this Val. Really feels like I am looking down on a puddle, and rain is falling. Reflecting lights and shadows - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I guess it just proves that mistakes in art are just an invitation to be creative.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it interesting how things hit us, Sheila is right on, that is what I saw too!! rain, rain, puddles, gray - oh, I know why that sounds familiar, it's has been and is our weather report. I am loving these Val, please continue even after the challenge to do these abstracts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia - so glad you like my abstracts. I guess it depends partly on how these sell but I am having fun so I will probably continue with this style - for a while anyway. Sorry to hear that this reminds you of your weather - we have had quite a bit of sunshine but pretty cold too. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. A big score on this one, too, Val - I love the way you've completed this.

    ReplyDelete