Tuesday 27 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 27!

Today's painting started with a major wash and scrub of the paper. So, I had drenched and damaged paper and I decided to see what would happen when I added some paint!
#1092 - Exuberance! - 5.5 x 8 acrylic on watercolour paper
I had no thoughts in mind; I just went at it with the palette knife and paint, slashing here and there with abandon. Is it art? Is it worth keeping? Who knows? It will go in a stand with a number of other unmatted and unframed paintings and maybe someday, someone will love it!

We only have 3 more days in the challenge so I hope you will have a look at what other artists have been doing - Leslie's Blog

Thanks for stopping by - I would love to hear from you!




10 comments:

  1. Love the vibrant colors...this one reminds me of food...salad greens and tomatoes and the wonderful things that grow for us to eat. Maybe I just need to go and have a snack. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still laughing, Joan. Looking again I can definitely see a salad that even has some yellow peppers - lol. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Its truly beautiful!! I too am excited to slow down a bit and have a look at what everyone else has been doing on Leslie’s blog. I am truly loving what you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ophelia. I am so glad you are liking my paintings. I hope you had time to look at more than this one; you will see that I have been having fun playing with abstracts this month. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Love that you took the challenge to try and make something from "nothin'" I love the salad comment, and I can see that too. I think there is real potential here. The lighter greens on top of the darks give depth. The red makes your eye travel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I am not sure if I will do anything more with this but I will put it up where I can see it daily and see if I get any ideas.

      Delete
  4. A perfect title for this piece, Val!

    ReplyDelete