Monday 12 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 12!

Today's painting is another experiment that was going wrong. Fortunately the work was on watercolour paper so I slapped on more paint and cut off the really bad parts.

#1077 - Dark Garden - 7 x 10 acrylic on watercolour paper
I was just going to throw the whole thing away but thought I would try it with a mat first. Who knew? It almost looks like it is worth keeping - lol. I think I will set it aside to grow on me.

Here is the link to Leslie's Blog where you will see close to 200 other artists' work.

Thanks for stopping by - please let me know what you think of today's painting.

4 comments:

  1. Love it Val! Great save ;) The simple composition is set off by the great textures. The angle makes it dynamic ;) Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila - you always seem to see more in my work than I do - it is much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Glad you found a way to save this! Really nice textures and contrasts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I can often 'save' paintings but with acrylics it is even easier - just paint over - lol.

      Delete