Wednesday 24 January 2018

Be Careful What you Wish For

Yesterday, I was thinking and saying to friends that I thought we needed more snow so that the forests would get more moisture and, maybe the forest fire danger would be less during the summer. Well, guess what?

 Yesterday this little bush was clear almost to the ground now it is hiding again.
 The snow on the roof shows how much snow we had (I figure about 7 or 8 inches) because once, again the roof was clear.
I do love the look of fresh snow, especially on the cedar trees. However, shoveling is a real pain! They are forecasting more snow for the next few days so I guess we will get more of the snow I was asking for.

On a more creative note, I have done it again! I have gone over-board making those wire, glue and polish flowers.
I have used up all the right weight of wire that I had on hand so unless they sell like hotcakes I won't be making any more anytime soon. And, if they don't sell, I have enough houseplants that can use the extra zing.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Well, I guess I better stop wishing for snow too! ;) I like how the flowers look all together here! Happy sales to you Val ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I don't think you would get as much snow if you wished for it, Sheila - just not something your area gets a lot of. I like the flowers and insects together too - so colourful. Thanks Sheila.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful snow photos, Val, and now we have Snow Soup in the backyard with the warm rain from overnight. What a crazy area we live in! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win - we have slush piles, not puddles, and most of them have to be moved. Oh well, the exercise is good for me - lol

      Delete
  3. Great photos! Hope the snow provides some of the moisture you need. You have a great collection of the flowers...hope they sell well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan - the more moisture the better although most people are grumbling about the snow. I hope the flowers sell well too. Creating is great but there is only so much room in the house - lol.

      Delete
  4. so that is some serious snow. Worth it though if it prevents fires again this summer. Like the flowers and hope they sell well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia - I hope they sell well too. We are getting more snow today and during the week although they are not forecasting large amounts - every little bit helps.

      Delete
  5. Val, just wanted to let you know that I need to change up email as we have to change providers in the move. So you will see where I unsubscribed and resubscribed with a new email. Don't want to miss anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much involved in moving! But, I am glad you will resubscribe and that you want to keep connected. Take care and don't push yourself too hard with the move.

      Delete