Sunday 10 January 2016

2016 Day 10

I feel like a slacker! I noticed in my emails that some of the artists have already posted tomorrow's paintings and I am just getting my blog together now.

My malaise of yesterday is all gone and I had a fair bit of success in my studio today.
Three Onions
I rarely do still-life paintings but every once in a while I will do a picture of onions. I really like the variety of color to be found in this lowly vegetable and the contour is interesting too. This painting was done on some kind of plastic canvas paper that I inherited when an artist friend passed away a few years ago. It has just been hiding away on a shelf but I decided to try it today and quite liked working with it.

"Three Onion" is a 5 x 8 acrylic on canvas paper; it just needs a coat of varnish and it will be done!

12 comments:

  1. As you should be pleased with this. I love the greens/yellows underneath. Very realistic. I'll have to pay more attention to onions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I always enjoy painting them. I would like to see what you could do with onions!

      Delete
  2. Terrific job, Val - lovely still life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win - definitely not my usual so it is nice that it turned out!

      Delete
  3. Such a simple subject the lowly onion, but what a sophisticated result, love th colors and shapes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelvia - pics of onions make interesting kitchen décor I am told; at least I have sold every one I have ever painted.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Val!Lovely golden, green yellow skins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your shading on the onion as well as the variegated background!

    ReplyDelete