Thursday 26 January 2017

30/30 January Challenge #26

I have something completely different for you today!

I have moved from some almost abstract watercolours to detailed pen & ink with watercolour pieces. Once again I wanted to make use of stored mats with oval openings - these ones in a dark brown.
#1003 - Gnarled Pine - 6 x 8 pen & ink with watercolour
I used some of my Claudia Nice books as reference for this piece and am very pleased with the result. It has been a while since I did any work in this style of P&I and it took a bit to get the rhythm back.  I hope you will enlarge the photo if you can so see the detail up close.

Check out the rest of the art in the challenge at Leslie's 30/30 page.

Btw. The friend I got these mats from switched from framing to something more creative - making foam stamps. Check out her blog to see some of the neat things she does: Emmie's ArtFoamies

See you all tomorrow!


8 comments:

  1. I was just zooming in to see the texture when I read your comment suggesting it. I guess great minds think alike. lol Love this one. The tree is the perfect shape for the oval opening and the mat picks up on the colors. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the details Val. Really wonderful work! Love the twists and turns in the tree!

    ReplyDelete