Tuesday 24 April 2018

LYA Side Swaps

Many of the participants of Kat Sloma's annual Liberate Your Art postcard swap get extra cards made and do side swaps. My plan was to just do 5 extra cards for the side swap but I had a number of requests so I increased the number to 12. I don't know how many of my cards have been received but I have had 9 land in my mailbox.

I thought about displaying them all together but decided that each is so special it needed its own photo. Many of the cards were displayed with my bedding plants, a few were displayed with some of my own art and quilling and one I stuck in an old half barrel that I use as a planter.
This super Chicago clock photo is from Kate Lehman

This vibrant mixed media piece is from Kathy McIntire


A fabulous "Peony Party" by Natasha Papousek

Kelly Warren does great pet Shelter Photography

This fabulous mixed media piece is by Stephanie Whiting

A charming vase of flowers from my blogging friend Sheila Delgado

The message LOVE says it all in this lovely photo from Lisa Comperry

"Old Barn" a super photo from Sweet Leaf Productions and Michele Matucheski

This lovely angel is from Janice Darby and I paired it with one of my quilled angel ornaments
My own cards for the LYA swap are cut down from the art cards I make to sell in my home gallery and a few local venues. Because my cards were home made and designed to go in envelopes I have wondered if they manage to survived the journey through various post offices. I have only heard from a few people that my cards have arrived so I am still guessing. Turning cards into post cards has one advantage - I can easily send out a variety of different pictures. Here are some of the cards I sent for the side swap.
Photos of my original watercolour paintings
I am still expecting few more cards and I look forward to seeing what other wonders I will gain for my collection of post cards. The LYA postcard swap is a great way to connect with new artists and I encourage my readers to try it out next year.

Thanks for stopping by - please let me know what you are up to!



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection Val! And beautifully displayed :) Love seeing your "garden". Soon to be. And it looks like your cards arrived relatively undamaged :) So glad mine made it OK as well.
    Such a joy to have you in the swap. I received your card, and am posting it for tomorrow.
    Thanks so much for sharing your Beautiful art with me Val!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila. Glad you got my card ok - I really like the one you picked for your's this year - bright and cheerful - just like I think of you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for that Val :) So grateful for your friendship.

      Delete
  2. These are just super, don’t yiou think the mail people love delivering mail during these challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. I have wondered about the post office people; I know the woman at the Porthill office doesn't even look at the cards when I take them in - no curiosity at all but maybe she looks at them after I am gone. Although I do hope they brighten people's day as they travel.

      Delete
  3. Love seeing the variety, Val - it's a wonderful thing, these swaps. Thanks for giving them each their own photo. I'm all over that one by Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great aren't they Win? I am not surprised that Stephanie's caught your eye - your kind of colour and style!

      Delete
  4. These are great! I always got so excited when I did a swap. We always put them in envelopes and each was a special little gift that I got to open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swaps are amazing Joan and there seem to be so many of them! It is a great way to share art around the world.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful selection of cards! I love your style in photographing them too! What a pretty garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. The cards are great aren't they? I am glad you like the way I displayed them; as I said I thought they were all so wonderful they deserved they own photo. Your card is amazing - thank you so much. See you next year with LYA.

      Delete
  6. Dear Val,
    You got some wonderful side swap cards this year! You watercolor of the summer house on the hill arrived today. Yes-- your cards were durable enough to make the trip to WI. That house reminds me of one I lived in briefly in Madison, WI -- with a big beautiful garden! Nice memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. I think I see the problem with my attempts at commenting earlier. Blogger wants me to comment with my Google+ profile instead of my blog URL. Soooo...You've received a really nice collection. And your own cards...stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val-- I finally posted the rest of my side swaps (including yours) on the LYA Post from March at http://sweetleafnotes.blogspot.com/2018/04/liberate-your-art-2018-blog-hop-and.html Sorry to keep you waiting.

    ReplyDelete