Thursday 5 April 2018

On Edge!

No, that is not a statement of my mental state. It is a comment about my latest quilling projects.

Last week my good friend Carrie gave me a bunch of quilling supplies that she is no longer able to use due to arthritis and other hand problems. As well as regular paper strips there were a whole bunch of 1/4" and 1/8" On Edge strips and a fringing tool.

A few months ago I ordered some On Edge strips from Little Circles but I haven't had time to work with them until recently. Getting more strips from Carrie made me itching to give them a try.
My first project was a Thank You card for my friend. I watched a few Youtube videos to get some ideas on how to use the strips. For the letter the glue was applied freehand and then the On Edge paper was added. The rest of the work was done adding the glue to the formed paper. The little flowers were made with the fringing tool and the big one with a crimping tool.

You know me - once I start something I just keep on going - lol.
I plan on doing a bunch of decorated letters  and I figure that by the time I am through the alphabet I should be pretty good at both the decorating and the letters. I don't know if these will sell but I plan to mount them 'shadow box' style with matting. This one with the matting will fit a 7 x 9 frame.

One last thing - a local artist friend is having a give-away on her blog. Win Dinn does some really cool stuff with mixed media and it is worth having a look, even if that media is not your style. -Win Dinn Art

Thanks so much for stopping by and I would love to see your thoughts on today's post.


8 comments:

  1. I think these with the letters would sell well. These are great!!! It is funny that for the longest time I never saw anyone do quilled artwork and now you are posting some and another friend is also doing quilling. Inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan - I am hoping they will sell. I think a lot of people are trying quilling now; there is a lot of it on Pinterest and I have 3 or 4 people here interested in taking some classes. Inspiring definitely!

      Delete
  2. How fun is this, ought to be great for any room, but a nursery was first thing that came to mind. Funny what gets us going. Checked out and will follow Win, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Nelvia. I think the letters are fun too although they are a lot of work right now. I am sure they will get easier after some practice. Glad you enjoyed seeing Win's blog. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. So pretty and delicate! I love those little fringe flowers. So sweet. Birthdays, sweet 16, graduations, special events. Perfect gifts for a lot of reasons. Enjoy Val :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I am enjoying - lol. And, I have another request for a letter. My sister wants 2 for a wedding and a friend wants one with the number 80 for her husband's birthday. I guess other people think they will make a nice gift. I am glad you like them too.

      Delete
  4. Your quilling gets more and more intricate, Val, and I'm loving these - a great project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win. I have had a lot of positive comments and I am hopeful that these will sell well. That is always a plus although I do enjoy doing them.

      Delete