Friday 2 March 2018

30 Paintings - Day 30!

Ta da!! I am DONE - in more ways than one too. The last 7 days of the challenge have been really tough for me as I lost some enthusiasm for doing these abstracts. I kept trying new methods and different products trying to create some different looks. I was not always successful although I was able to 'rescue' most of my efforts. But, the problems were frustrating and that was rather draining.

Here is my final piece:
#1095 - Soft and Hard - 5.5 x 8 acrylic on watercolour paper
The title for this comes from the soft and hard colours and lines of the painting. I was trying to find a method of drawing lines and scribbles similar to those I have seen in Youtube videos. Unfortunately, I don't have the same supplies. I am still trying to find something I do have that will work but - - gee, I guess I might have to buy more stuff - sigh!

We are finished our 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta
see more here  Leslie normally holds two of these challenges every year and the next one will probably be in September. If you think you would like to give it a try, start following her blog to get the heads up.

There is one more chore to do and then we will all be done!. Tune in tomorrow for the collage of the month's work - making that is a challenge too!

Thanks for visiting - please let me know what you think!


4 comments:

  1. I love this one Val. And it is surprising to hear, well you have mentioned it before, that these last ones were the most difficult. I think they are some of your best ever. Congratulations on doing the 30! It is difficult, and that is what makes it so rewarding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I managed to keep going because you, Joan and Laurie, as well as some others, supported me and your encouragement helped. Also, if you could do it so could I - lol.

      Delete
  2. I really like your color choices for this one. Great background too! As the end of the challenge rolls around I find myself losing momentum too and wanting to do something different for a change. lol I'm glad we both persisted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I had to chuckle as a number of us have written that they are glad the challenge is over. As for doing something different - I spent a few days with my bedding plants, getting my hands in the potting soil - a different way of relaxing.

      Delete