Monday 17 October 2016

More Crazy Life

I really don't know why things have still seemed so crazy, but I feel like I have been running at full speed just to keep up with all the things I need to get done.

Last week I was planning a Watercolour Painting Party for Saturday, when most of the people who had signed up had to cancel. No problem as there was a Arts & Craft Garage Sale scheduled for that day that I had wanted to attend as a vendor. But, the single party participant still remaining had already had to cancel once because of illness and I didn't want to disappoint her again so I offered to do a private party just for her.

Jeannie and her Lighthouse
Jeannie took some lessons with me a few years ago but had to stop painting for a while due to health issues. She was very happy with her painting and is planning on coming back for more lessons.

After seeing Jeannie off, I went to my computer and found a request to do a special Watercolour Party as a birthday present. As my weekend was already fully booked, we settled on this afternoon for this party of two.
Judi's Veranda Painting
Jill's Beached Boat Painting

Jill and Judi
It always fills me with satisfaction to have people go home so happy with the paintings they have done. Today was the first time these ladies have painted since school and both were thrilled with the whole afternoon. We had a great time, they did a great job and they asked to be notified when I do my parties again in the spring.

These two private parties feel like the only break I have had in all the craziness and gave me my first chance to do some painting in too long a time.  Painting has always been a healing process for me - a way to sooth my soul and enter a more peaceful frame of mind.

Now it just has to stop raining long enough for me to finish cleaning up my garden and I will feel free to settle down and enjoy the coming winter (and get some painting done).

11 comments:

  1. all the three paintings are beautiful congrats to the artist.light house is more beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ramalingam. I will let the artist know about your comment.

      Delete
  2. all the three paintings are beautiful congrats to the artist.light house is more beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are wonderful!! So glad you had some time to paint and feel the satisfaction of your students successes. Wishing you a dry day, and time for more peaceful painting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. When I go into my photo file for the 'party paintings' I am always so thrilled with the works that everyone did - so super! We had a dryish morning yesterday so I was able to get some garden clean-up done with the bonus that Bob came out and helped. One more day will do it then I will be free to paint and otherwise create - I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Well it ate my comment. Yeah for you and your flexibility. I can see why they want to repeat with results like this. Your garden is much larger than mine but it takes so much to clean it up and bed it down. Yes to winter. But it is going to be 90 here today. Will it ever come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Darn computers! Thanks Nelvia; it is easy to be flexible when you are home most of the time. I really like to encourage people to learn to paint and will always try to make room for them. Bob has been helping with the garden this year and it goes faster with two - almost done! Don't knock the heat, in a few months you will be wishing for it - lol Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Your students look so happy with their creations! A private workshop must have meant so much to your student. Hope the weather improves for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Joan. I believe they all were very happy and are looking forward to doing more in the future. The weather does what it always does - it is nice when I am busy and wet when I have time to work outside - que sera sera

      Delete
  6. Love the colour punch in Judi's veranda painting - well done all!

    ReplyDelete