Monday 13 November 2017

Thinking Christmas

It has been almost a month since my last post and I have been focused on making some quilled paper ornaments that I hope will sell at the Wynndel Christmas Craft Fair on Dec. 2. I have managed to do one mixed media piece with quilling and watercolour...
#1059 - Strutting his Stuff! 5 x 7 matted to 8 x 10
... but the rest? See for yourselves.
Rufous Hummingbird with glitter - 1/4" paper

Calliope Hummingbirds with glitter - 1/4" paper

Fantasy Hummingbirds - 1/4" paper

Gold Snowflakes with glitter and faux gems - 1/8" paper

Gold and White Snowflakes with glitter and faux gems - 1/8" paper

Mauve Angel with faux gem - 1/8" paper

My Rainbow of Angels - 1/8" paper

Christmas Traditions Ornaments - 1/4" paper
Well, I may not be painting but I am having FUN!!!


12 comments:

  1. These look great, love the Christmas ornament designs. The hummers are always popular too I bet and I like you did them with different papers. Val, I am posting several places as you know, please don't feel like you have to comment on all. I still enjoy my blog and have had it for so many years without trouble, until lately, then I have to go private and now it's back. But look/comment whether it is most comfortable for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. It is no problem seeing your work more than once on the different places you post - always a treat!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful ornaments! I love your quilling and these are so special. I especially like the hummingbirds and snowflakes. I hope your fair goes well and you have some good sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan. I am having fun doing the quilling so that is always a bonus and selling is just icing - lol.

      Delete
  3. Busy indeed! These are wonderful Val. Happy sales and Season to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so much enjoy your combination of quilling with watercolour and that rooster is definitely strutting it in style. Wonderful hummers a decorations too - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win. I have another rooster on the go as they seem to be a popular subject. Fingers crossed that all these things I am making actually sell!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE all of these! Especially the angels and hummingbirds. And FUN is what it's all about (to me anyways!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. The angels and hummingbirds are my favourties too. And, anyone who sees your art understands that you are all about FUN as it is fun and fabulous!

      Delete
  6. Sorry Val, I don't have an email address for you, but wanted to send you special wishes for a wonderful holiday for you and your family. Appreciate your support and enjoy your creativity. Can't wait for what 2018 will bring you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nelvia. Merry Christmas and Best wishes for a Happy and creative 2018.

      Delete