Sunday 25 November 2012

Catching up

As it has been quite some time since my last post, I have a fair bit of catching up to do. I managed to get a few of my mixed media pieces finished in time to include one in the Art Club's Fall show.


Feathers & Flowers
I started this piece at a workshop last February with local artist Win Dinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/Win-Dinn-Artist/138761966191277?fref=ts It took some time before I decided what to do with the start but I am very happy with the end result.

As I look through my list of completed art I am surprised (as always) by how much I have done. I number my paintings and since the middle of August I have gone from 670 to 709. I have done some acrylics:

Sunset Forest

Cypress Swamp


I have done some watercolors

Shadowed Stream

Old Barn in Autumn

And, I have painted on fabric with dyes at a workshop with another local artist Eileen Gidman. You can check out her work at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eileen-Gidman-Watercolour-and-Textile-Artist/310557619037972?ref=ts&fref=ts


Poplars in Fall
And finally, I have done a number of small (3 x 5) watercolors thinking they would make great Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers. To see more of these 'Little Gifts' check out the album on my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mellowood-Studio-and-Art-Gallery/120412094734638?ref=hl


Winter Grove

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to live in BC. I guess you get lots of inspiration just by walking out into the woods...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, I suppose a lot of what I paint is a result of living in BC - everywhere I look there is something beautiful or interesting. Yesterday we had two deer eating berries about 4 feet from the front window - very cool. Where are you?

      Delete