Saturday 10 March 2018

Back in the Studio!

I took a few days off after the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge but it wasn't long before I was back in my studio. I figured I wouldn't want to do any more abstracts for a while but there was a canvas just sitting there crying out for some paint - what could I do?
#1097 - Day and Night - acrylic on 20 x 24 gallery wrap canvas
I really thought that after doing 30 abstracts for the challenge that I would have a better handle on how to do them. I have watched numerous videos - they make it look so easy - but I am still struggling. What really gets me is that in all the videos they say they don't use anything but water to thin and blend their paints. At any rate, this is my latest painting - let me know what you think.

I have also been doing a bit of quilling for a change of pace; nothing exciting or complicated, just for fun!
quilled paper lighthouse ornament

quilled paper fish ornament

Thanks for stopping by to visit; it is always great to hear from you!


12 comments:

  1. I adore your art. It's wonderful😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Spud. I am glad you like it and stopped by to visit.

      Delete
  2. Love this Val. The Distant city, the reflections. The lighter blue in the center really draws me in. :) Your quill pieces are fun, really love the fish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I am glad you like this. I was a bit concerned about the light blue - glad it works. As for the quilled pieces - so many people like fish - I guess I need to make a few more. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I like it, I too thought a big city skyline. So keep on keeping on. As always your quill piece rock. I think the lighthouse is so unique. I had to look at it a bit before I got the quill pattern. Well done. Glad you had a short rest and are back at it now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. I wasn't really trying for a city skyline but if it works that is all that matters - lol. Glad you like my lighthouse. I am also glad to see you back at your art - it helps to ground us!

      Delete
  4. I really like the composition of this piece. And as always with your work, such energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie. I think the energy is my frustration coming out - lol.

      Delete
  5. Being from NY I can see skyscrapers hiding in there. Nice energy!! As always I love your quilled pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I keep trying for non-representational abstract - I guess I missed again. Maybe I should stick to quilling - lol

      Delete
  6. That's an outstanding painting, Val - I love the 'city on the cliffs' that I see here. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete