Saturday 3 March 2018

30 Paintings - Finale

The last week of the challenge I found myself slowing down with not much interest in painting. So what did I do last night? Painted, of course!
#1096 - Butterfly and flowers - 9 x 12 acrylic on watercolour paper
The background for this was more experimenting while I tried different techniques to make lines and runs with materials I have on hand. That wasn't very successful but I did like the colours so - I added a few things.

But, to get to the focus of this post. Here is the collage of my 30 paintings:
collage 2018
I had a bit of trouble with my collage this year. For some reason my computer wouldn't connect to the PicMonkey program I have used in the past so I used Canva, but I am not as familiar with that program and I had some problems. I tried putting my paintings in order but I kept bumping photos out of place. I am lucky I didn't end up with a bunch of duplicates.

As always it was a delight to see what other artists in the challenge did as the month passed. Our final job is to add our collages to Leslie's blog  -  take some time to check it out!

Thanks you for joining me on my challenge journey - I hope you enjoyed it!


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Val! I didn't comment very much this time around, but enjoyed seeing all the beautiful work, as always. It kept me inspired when the going got tough. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherry. With so many people doing the challenge it was hard to see or comment on very many of the other artist's work. I agree that is was inspiring to see all the art though. I am glad you enjoyed seeing my work.

      Delete
  2. WOW Val! Looking back, your month is awesome!!! They look great together. I hope you will consider doing another one, it was terrific seeing your work each day :o) Congratulations on this awesome collection!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila. I am sure I will do more abstracts - I have some canvases all ready - lol - but it will probably have to wait for a while. Thank you for following my journey and for always commenting so appreciatively.

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of your doing this, something that is far outside what you normally do. They look so good together. You may feel you were losing steam, but looking at it, well that doesn't look to be the case. I like the traditional with the abstract background. Well done Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nelvia. Working outside my normal sphere was uncomfortable as I really didn't know what I was doing. I am just glad that most of the paintings turned out ok. I am sure I will do more abstracts but I am going to take a break first. Thanks for your support and encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your accomplishment! I've enjoyed your inspiring abstract paintings. This last one is simply gorgeous! It reminds me that spring is on the way and the butterflies will return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cathy. I am glad you have enjoyed my month of abstracts. I have too and I felt the butterfly and flowers was a good way to think Spring! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finishing!!! It is always fun to see the paintings in the collage and view them next to each other. I like this last one with the butterflies...makes me think that spring is a possibility even though they are forecasting snow again midweek here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Joan - the collage makes a nice finish to the challenge. As for the butterfly painting - spring is everyone's wish but we are getting snow here too and it seems like spring will be a while yet.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Val - you not only finished the challenge, you did so with a bang. Love this painting, and it's so you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Win. Your final comment made me laugh - why is it so me?

      Delete
  7. I only discovered your blog after you visited mine. Thanks for that. What an ambitious project! You have successfully completed it so should be proud!!! I will enjoy coming by to visit to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth - glad to have you visit. I checked out so many blogs recently I will have to have a look at yours again to remind myself who you are - lol!

      Delete