Friday 2 February 2018

30 Paintings...Day 2

#1068 - Line Dancing - 8 x 10 acrylic
This piece made me think of the explosion of movement that some people put into their dancing. Followed, of course, by someone not quite as enthusiastic.

This is my second attempt at this style of work, using both brush and palette knife. I have seen similar pieces on Facebook and Youtube videos and have really liked many of them. It will be interesting to see how people in my area respond to these.

Don't forget to check out the work by other artists who are doing the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Here is the link - Leslie's Blog

See you all tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Well first off, congrats on doing the challenge again. I am going to miss doing it but just not time but always fun to see what others can do. You are off to a great start on these. Loving the colors and the energy. isn't it a bit liberating to just play with the strokes and colors? Will love to see where you go with these Val.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well gee, Nelvia; you mean you don't have time to do the challenge just because you are busy with moving? - slacker! Thanks for your encouragement an, yes, just playing can be liberating.

      Delete
  2. I think you'll go far with this style, Val- you already have it nailed as far as the movement and I can see where these dancers are headed. I want to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I am afraid of over-thinking and not just going with the flow - today is going to be a challenge!

      Delete
  3. I like the energy of this, how it starts off so strong and then tapers off a bit. Can't wait to see what else you do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I can't wait to see what else I do too - lol!

      Delete
  4. A perfect title for a painting that has such a jazzy feel to it. Love your foray into the abstract here.

    ReplyDelete