Friday 9 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 9!

It is so interesting how things can work out. Yesterday, because I was fixing some palettes for my students, I was testing some colours to see how they mixed together. Of course, I ended up with left over paint and just had to use it up - that is how today's painting came about.
#1074 - Mostly Organic - 5 x 7 acrylic on watercolour paper mounted to 8 x 10
I used an old piece of Arches watercolour paper that had already been painted, slapped on the left-over paint from my mixing job and then added some points of interest. I liked the whole thing so much I didn't want to lose anything by matting over it so I mounted it on the mat board instead.

Pop over to Leslie's Blog to see what the other artist are up to.

Thanks for stopping by - comments are appreciated!


8 comments:

  1. I like the geometric lines and areas in this. Nice sense of movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I really think I am getting the hang of this style. I am so glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. great use of left over paints. I too like the geometry of this piece and love the splashes which make your eye move around. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. It seems that many artists in this style put some lines in their work but not as many I am did for this one - it just seemed to work!

      Delete
  3. Love the hard, points and edges, mixed with the soft, scummbly textures. The lights and darks, the depth, all done beautifully Val! I love how your forest made an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you like this one Sheila - lol. For me this one is right up near the top of the ones I like best. Who knew I would enjoy abstracts so much?

      Delete
  4. Fabulous use of leftovers, Val - the segmented portions add a great deal of interest here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win. I was amazed by how well this came together - more luck than skill? - lol.

      Delete