Wednesday 7 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 7!

I am really, really happy with today's painting, AND I have a new favorite colour combination!

#1072 - Devil Fire - 8.5 x 20.5 acrylic on Masonite
This piece came together so smoothly it was as if it was just waiting for me on the Masonite. The board was an old one that I used last year for a trial piece that didn't work out. Instead of sanding it down, I just painted over the textureed swirls and globs of paint. I like it so much that I am going to try for a companion piece.

See you tomorrow but, meanwhile,  don't forget to check out the rest of the art on Leslie's Blog


7 comments:

  1. So cool Val. Awesome how it worked out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is outstanding, Val - wish I'd done it! You've done a wonderful job here...delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Win. Sometimes things just come together in a wonderful way. I am so glad you like it too.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the energy in this!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the energy in this!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joan. The response to this painting has been just great!

      Delete