Saturday 3 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 3

I am sure 'not sure' about today's painting! I woke up in the middle of the night and started thinking about what I could paint and I think I jinxed myself.
Day 3


Is it good? Is it interesting? This started out as something else, then transitioned to another something and finally end up as you see it. Whatever I had in my mind was obviously confused - lol.

I will have to let this sit a bit before I decide if it is worth keeping or if I should just paint over the whole thing. Good thing it is only an 8 x 10. I haven't even given it a number or a name as I am so unsure about its worth.

I hope you will let me know what you think of this one and whether I should save it.

Remember to pop over to Leslie's Blog to see what the other artists are doing.




10 comments:

  1. I like this sort of abstracted landscape. Love the repetition of the reds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I keep looking at it undecided - your vote of appreciation will help me decide.

      Delete
  2. I not only like it, but bordering on love it. Looked like landscape with sky, trees and water in foreground. I really like the pops of color. You got it going girl, just go with your inner flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nelvia. So far I have 3 thumbs up for this piece (from people who took the time to comment anyway) so I guess it is better than I think it is.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for your opinion Laurie - it looks like I will be saving this one!

      Delete
  4. I like it Val. Laughing because you stated exactly how I have felt about my last two paintings. Whew! I am not alone. LOL, I love the movement in the sky, the pops of brights! The storm is over, and the sun is coming out again. ;) I think it is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you are not alone! It is not often that I am so unsure of a painting but it does happen. I am glad you like it as do a number of others - I guess it is a keeper. Thanks Sheila.

      Delete
  5. I'm liking this one, Val - while the experimentation took you somewhere other than the norm, it definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Win - It alway surprises me how different people react to art - makes it more interesting.

      Delete