Sunday 18 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 18!

Today's painting has a number of layers of paint and has gone through a number of transformations but I think I am finally happy with the finished product.
#1080 - Blocks and Curves - 16 x 20 acrylic on gallery wrap canvas
I have actually said finished to this canvas 4 times and signed the painting each time, but I was never very happy with any of the paintings. To fix things, some times I covered the whole thing with gesso, others I just painted over the parts I didn't like until I am surprised that the canvas doesn't sag in the middle - lol. I am still not too sure about the final result but I have decided that I am done!

Here is the link to Leslie's blog so you can see what the other artists are doing.

I hope you will let me know what you think of my latest - thanks for stopping in!

7 comments:

  1. Love the shading and geometry! I had to laugh about expecting the canvas ti start sagging in the middle. I hope you are going to display all of these together at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan - glad you like this and I am glad I could give you a laugh. I plan to do the collage thing at the end of the challenge - if I remember how!

      Delete
  2. Love the shading and geometry! I had to laugh about expecting the canvas ti start sagging in the middle. I hope you are going to display all of these together at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the one welcoming us outside the high end building you did! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, I am wondering if I am loosing my spark or if it is just that so many abstracts start to look the same after awhile - lol

      Delete
  4. Val, I honestly think that each of these has gotten better than the last. The background is perfection, lights and darks balanced. And yet not stagnant. The subject is light and airy, organic, alive and pretty.

    Been looking at it for a bit now.. and I think maybe a few more strong green "leaves" might be good. They are strong and bright at the top left, and that light is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - thank you so much Sheila. I think you might be right about more bright green; I keep looking at the piece and thinking 'you are not quite right' and maybe that is the problem. I will study on it some more with your suggestion in mind. Thanks again!

      Delete