Sunday 11 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 11

Better late than never I guess. We spent the day hunting and gathering (shopping) so it is a good thing I painted this yesterday.


#1076 - Under the Sea - 12 x 16 acrylic on canvas

I had a lot of trouble with the "less is more" concept for this painting. I was having so much fun with the palette knife that I wasn't paying enough attention to the 'whole'. This was actually painted in landscape format (below) but I liked it better when I turned it around. That is one of the benefits of doing abstracts - who knows which way is up? - it is all in the eye of the beholder!

View #2

I hope you take time to pop over to Leslie's Blog and to leave a comment here - I would love to hear from you!



6 comments:

  1. In the first one, I feel like I am looking down on wet pavement. Rain is falling, and it blurs the view of the palm trees that are reflecting there.
    The second looks like wet pavement too, with weeds growing through a crack. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great interpretation Sheila! I never thought of pavement or rain. Isn't abstract neat where everyone can see something different. I am so glad you like this one!

      Delete
  2. I can see the water influence in both orientations. The first reminds me of the deep see with the sea plants reaching from bottom to top. The second makes me think more of a shallow pond. Either way it is really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan. I am glad you see it the same way I do - Sheila's comment had me wondering - lol

      Delete
  3. I love seeing this painting in two formats, and I'm with you on the vertical. The movement there feels quite joyous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win - that is one of the benefits of abstract - what the viewer wants he can get - lol.

      Delete