Saturday 9 January 2016

2016 Day 9

It is not a painting although paint was involved, as well as a number of other things. I suppose 30 Paintings in 30 Days makes a better title for the challenge than something like '30 Things that you have created using painting supplies....'

At any rate, as I am not feeling too well today (I think I have spent too much time with people with the flu, coming down with the flu or just getting over the flu) I just did one of my cards.
handmade card #35

I stuck one of my own painted and stamped papers on a 5 x 7 card then added some quilling. I paint the paper with watered down acrylics and love playing with different mixes of color. It is fun to see how they change as they dry. I've made most of my own stamps and use the same paints instead of ink pads.
Here is a angled view so you can see the quilling better. I find it difficult to get a good photo of any of my quilling projects. When you see them in person a straight on view works fine but the camera does not work the same way I guess.

Don't forget to check out Leslie's blog to see what the other artists have been up to - http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/blog

I hope tomorrow will be a better day!

6 comments:

  1. Lol, I think I like your title just as well Val :) I had a bad day too, so I stuck with a small piece. Lovely details in the flower petals. Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - we can only hope that the week improves for us.

      Delete
  2. So much for being social this time of year, people tend to give you more than you want. Get to feeling better.
    These turned out well and I like the idea of sta out with paint instead of inks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia, I think I will be a hermit for a while so I can avoid more of those 'gifts'. I like paints for stamping too - I can make any color I want and I don't have to have storage space for another set of materials - lol

      Delete
  3. I like the look with the quilling added. Did you paint the quilled paper after it was attached to the paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, I do all my paper painting before I cut or stamp. I usually do about 10 pieces at a time, let one side dry then paint the other side. I have a number of random pieces that I have added stamps to which I use as the mood strikes. I cut my strips for quilling as needed. BTW I just use regular printer paper and acrylic paint thinned with water & matt medium.

      Delete