Wednesday 6 January 2016

2016 Day 6

I managed to get finished well before dinner time today! I planned my painting last night and worked on it at Art Club this morning so I just needed a few finishing touches after lunch and here it is!
Which Came First?
Once again I have used a home made 5 x 7 x 3/4 canvas board painted with acrylics. The canvas I used to make these is quite coarse and I skimped with the gesso coatings so I had a heck of a time getting the edges of the egg smooth - lesson learned. My reference was a photo I cut out a a magazine many years ago and this is the first time it has been used. You never know when something will strike your fancy.

Just a few words about the Creston Art Club: we have over 40 members and many of us get together every Wednesday morning to paint, share knowledge, help each other and just visit with like minded people. Two of our members travel over an hour to join us; one from Troy, Montana and one from Salmo, BC. Throughout the year we offer a number of very low priced workshops to members and non-members. An art club is a great way to keep the creative juices flowing and gives us a reason to take time from our busy lives and enjoy art.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, I missed seeing your paintings in the challenge posts but I stopped by your Google + page - fabulous work.

      Delete
  2. Val, I love this!! Your reflections are perfect and the little bird has his own little personality. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I am very happy with it.Although I had a hard time with the reflections I think they worked out well - glad you agree.

      Delete
  3. This little chick is adorable and visually talks about the chicken or the egg!! Love how you managed the shadow effect on the dark floor. Like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. I picture a little cloud above the chick's head with "What? that can't be right" - lol

      Delete
  4. I think he is saying, "What's the hold up? C'mon already!" I love his little personality, and your reflections are awesome! This gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila. It was fun to paint - glad you like it.

      Delete
  5. This is so precious! Love the chick and the reflection of both. Art clubs are so great to be a part of as an artist. It is so great to connect with other artists. I think we get energy from each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking time to check out all of my blogs for this challenge. I really appreciate your comments.

      Delete