Monday 4 January 2016

2016 Day 4

Today's painting was done with another page from my palette book.
Book Art #6 with Quilling
 I glued the page onto a 5 x 7 x 3/4" piece of plywood, then embellished it with some Quilling. It is a shame that quilling doesn't show to advantage in most photos because this looks much better in person. I started adding the quilling when this was vertical so that the printing made sense but decided it looked better horizontal. I had one problem - the page was not big enough to cover all of the edges of the wood block. Fortunately, I had some preglued veneer edging in natural wood which fit really well and looks great on the edges.

Here is the link once again to Leslie's blog so you can check out some of the other art in this 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.
http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/blog

10 comments:

  1. Love this Val! Beautiful! I love the mixture of quilling and other media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when the painting tells you what to do? I always am intrigued with the materials you put together. Wish I could see in real life as I know they are even more interesting in person. Like thi Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. Some times a painting speaks but other time it is a real struggle - like the one I am trying to do today - lol

      Delete
  3. I LOVE it Val! :) the orange and green go great together it feels a happy painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cindy. I don't thing one normally things of green and orange together but it certainly worked for this piece. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much enjoy your experiments with quilling, Val - this is very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I would love to get a closer look at this to see the quilling. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I wish I could figure out how to photograph quilling so it shows to advantage but I will just have to stumble along - lol

      Delete