Tuesday 19 January 2016

2016 Day 19

I really didn't think I was going to get my piece finished in time - actually the glue is still wet in some places - but it is done enough to take a photo.
Spotted Sea Serpent
I have been working on designs for more quilled pieces and finally decided to get some quilling done. I can see a few places on this piece that I would change if I could: the yellow should have been small highlights and the dull green should not have been used at all. Although there are 2 or 3 tones of green, they all seem to be dark, especially in the photo, so I might even add some white next time.

"Spotted Sea Serpent" is approximately 5 x 6" and made with 1/4" hand made quilling paper. To give him lots of room it will probably be mounted on a 10 x 13 mat for framing. I have found that the these quilled pieces fit metal frames (just) once they are mounted on mat, have a separator of foam board and a finish mat. So there is no need for a special deep shadow box frame which is nice.

Back to painting for tomorrow but I am sure I will get another quilled piece done before the end of the 30 days.

Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing the intricate, beautiful designs you do this way! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little critters - just perfect for baby or toddler rooms. You also could offer these to written as illustrations for children's books. I just always am intrigued with your creative mind Val.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia. I suppose they are most suited to children's décor although a number of the adults seem to want them too. Interesting idea to offer them as illustrations - thanks!

      Delete