Tuesday 6 January 2015

Day 6 - Experimenting!

Bamboo in White 5 x 7 acrylic
One of my goals this year is to work on Oriental style brush work. I do not plan to attempt working with inks in the traditional manner but I am going to play with other media.

Bamboo in White is acrylic on watercolor paper. The background was done sometime last year and has been hanging around waiting for inspiration to strike. Today was the day! I used white gesso thinned with water and tried the 3 load approach with thin, medium and thick paint. It took a fair bit of work and some adjustment to the method but I am reasonably happy with the results. Hmm, I wonder if I should call it "Ghost Bamboo".

To see the paintings of many of the other participants of the challenge go to - http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.ca/ and I hope you will also go to this blog http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/ to vote on 3 of your favorites. You can vote for 3 paintings each day and there will be prizes awarded to voters and to artists.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, that name fits Val. This is so lovely, and I love that you saved something that was just hanging around. So peaceful, and the palette is so unexpected :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila. I think I will change the name as it sounds much nicer. I have a number of what Win Dinn calls 'starts' just waiting for inspiration but this was my favourite. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete