Wednesday 20 June 2012

Finishing one and Starting another

My student joined me today for a private lesson. It is nice - fewer distractions and more time. Annie still has a bit more to do on her painting of the waterfall but I think mine is finished.

Waterfall in Oregon
It is not really too much different than my last post as I was happy to just add a few touches and to clean up the leaf-less trees.


When I give private lessons I try to work on whatever my student needs most like trees, mist, perspective or foregrounds. Most of the time the student supplies a photo of our subject which is great because it expands my world with sights I have not seen before.



Today we started on our next piece - a photo from Australia.

Big Rock

On the left is the photo and on the right my 'start'. Annie wanted to see how I started a painting while she took notes. She was somewhat dismayed that I didn't take time to draw the subject before I started to paint. It depends on the subject but I don't usually draw my subjects anymore when painting in acrylics. Annie is going to try it my way on this one. It will be fun to see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. I thought the rocks were both photos, this is a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ingrid and thanks for LIKING my FB page. I will be checking your page out later- when I have time

      Delete